Department of Geography
Call for Papers
For an Edited Book Volume on “Harmony with Nature: Illusions and Elusions from Geographers’ Perspective in the 21st Century”
To be published from Bhatter College, Dantan with ISBN
Edited by Prof. Shubhra Chanda & Dr. Uday Chatterjee, Department of Geography, Bhatter College, Dantan
The Atharvaveda contains a beautiful hymn as an invocation to Mother Earth, which teaches us to love and preserve the beautiful, natural environment by living in harmony with nature. Our Mother Earth is the only planet of the solar system nurturing life. Earth gives us food and nourishes us. Different nations live on this earth, in different parts. But though separated by national boundaries, we are a global family, Vashudhaiv Kutumbakam. The universe of ours is fundamentally interconnected and inseparable.
The interplay of development dynamics, socio-political forces, and cultural processes along with nature has lasting impact on the environment. The ramifications of which are quite evident, with its myriad revelations – good and bad, avoidable and not so very much avoidable. As it is said, that development is not an end is itself but a condition of reality which entails in striking a balance with the nature. After all “Mother Nature never did betray that heart that loved her”.
In this context we are inviting paper on the following topics, which are only suggestive and not exclusive:
- Climate change and the environment –Sustainable livelihood, human rights and environmental migration
- River geomorphology, water Resource Management in 21st century
- Sustainable Development: Land utilization, issues, concerns and New Challenges
- Rural development and sustainability in the 21st century
- Disharmony: Population, Migration and urban growth and
- Geography of Tourism: leisure, consumerism and impact on nature.
- Globalization and Market economy: Local Development, Marginalization, Regional and Local
- Using Geographical Information Science and Remote Sensing and its applications in environmental for contributing to the management of nature
- Biogeography and
- Discourse in Gender and Nature in Geographical
- Using the indigenous Knowledge systems.
Style sheet: APA (Download the Template)
Article Length: 3000-5000
Contact for queries and submission:
- Shubhra Chandra: 9474714376, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uday Chatterjee: 9679709504, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of full Paper : within 31 March, 2018
- Acceptance: 30 April, 2018
- Tentative date of publication: 5 June, 2018
Download the CFP, Declaration Form and the Article Template here>>